Friday, November 22, 2013


1.  Is professor Grossman off the mark when he says “I tell my classes that if they just do what they are supposed to do and meet the standard requirements, that they will earn a C,” he said. “That is the default grade. They see the default grade as an A.” why?
 No, I think he's not. Because students think that just by attending classes and doing their assignments, they will earn a grade of A. But I think that a grade of A should be earn if the students learned the class's outcomes.



2.  What do you think is causing students to feel entitled to receive a good grade? Is it because a grade of A is now the expected default for "average" work where in reality a grade of A denotes "above average"?  Are the students prior experiences in high school or earlier the cause?  Are parents to cause "my child is perfect so it must be the instructors fault"?  
I think the cause is the experiences in high school and for the pressure of parents.



3.  Give your honest opinion of the article.  Do you feel you deserve grades based on your effort or is it that you earned the grade you receive because of your effort?  Anything else you would like to add?
I would like to receive a grade for the effort put on a class, but I sincerely think that a grade should be earn depending on what the student really learned from that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment